The AC experts at Houston’s Richmond’s Air discuss why seasonal maintenance is so important for central air, heat pumps and furnaces
When was the last time your air conditioner had a visit from an HVAC technician? For many homeowners, the answer is either when the air conditioner was installed or the last time it broke down.
HVAC systems – central air, heat pumps and furnaces – are something that lots of owners forget about until something goes terribly wrong, but the fact is that HVAC units are machinery, just like your car. And, like cars, HVAC systems greatly benefit from regular maintenance. Here’s why:
- Lower Energy Costs: When an air conditioner doesn’t receive regular maintenance, it can begin to have issues that may not necessarily cause the unit to break down but do affect its efficiency and thus lead to higher energy bills. If a unit’s airflow is stifled, for example, it can reduce the system’s efficiency by 15%, according to the EPA. Over the long Texas cooling season, that kind of inefficiency can add up to jaw-dropping energy bills.
- Improves Comfort Levels: If a unit has blocked airflow, loose wires or sensors that are functioning improperly, it can affect not only efficiency but also indoor comfort levels. You may feel like your home never reaches a comfortable temperature – like your AC is either running and you’re freezing or the house feels sticky hot.
- Prevents Breakdowns: Regular maintenance helps catch issues with your air conditioner before they become a really expensive problem. Making sure your air conditioner is properly lowering the air temperature, for example, is a good thing to check before Houston gets hot and constant use of an underperforming unit leaves your AC broken and you sweating in your home.
- Extends Lifespan of Equipment: Just like anything else, a quality HVAC system that has been properly maintained should reach its expected lifespan, if not beyond that. Even the minimal amount for seasonal maintenance can prevent both emergency repair bills and push off the need for a new AC system.
Seasonal maintenance is just a phone call away for Houston homeowners, but who’s really thinking about their air conditioner until something goes wrong? If you want the security of a seasonal checkup without having to remember, consider entering a service agreement with your local HVAC contractor.
At Richmond’s Air, we offer semi-annual maintenance contracts for service on your air conditioner. In other words, we remember so you don’t have to! We’ll perform a thorough maintenance of your system, including:
- Tuning up all wires and connections
- Ensuring the unit runs efficiently and cools properly
- Testing to ensure the unit is properly removing humidity
- Cleaning the unit, including the coils
We’ll also talk to you through any issues we come across, including the state of your system’s air filters and a reminder to change your air filter between maintenance visits.
Are your heating & furnace systems warming your whole house?
At Richmond’s Air, we’ve been doing heating and furnace repairs right since 2002.
Full service AC repair, installation, and maintenance for your home
It doesn’t matter what brand or model of air conditioner you have, because we service them all.