Maybe it’s a hot Texas day and you are just coming in from outside, thinking you can’t wait to cool off in your comfortable air conditioned home. But then you walk in and wonder…Why is it still hot and sticky in here? It should be nice and cold!
There are many issues homeowners face that can cause their A/C unit to suddenly stop working. Here are some of the most common reasons:
- As Energy.gov states, many times machine malfunctions are actually human error. Case and point: forgetting to close the windows and doors. When you are running the A/C, make sure there are no leaks or openings that are letting the hot outside air come in.
- Faulty wiring can be a big problem. It is in your best interest to make certain you hire a professional to correctly wire your air conditioner. Bad wiring not only increases the likelihood of tripping a circuit, but it’s also a fire hazard.
- Poor maintenance can create numerous issues for your A/C system. It is very important to remember to change your air filters and clean the coils. Write yourself a reminder on the refrigerator or your calendar if you have to so that you make certain this gets accomplished.
- Leaky refrigeration can spell major problems for your system for sure. The correct level of Freon in your A/C unit depends on which type of system you have. If the fluid is unusually low, generally this means you may have a leak or not enough was put in when the system was installed. A licensed A/C repairman from Richmond’s Air will be able to quickly diagnose this issue and take the necessary steps to fix it.
- Drainage issues can cause clogging to occur without warning. Keep an eye on inside and outside drains, especially if they are not installed on a level area.
- Thermostat problems can make people to think something is wrong with their unit, when the real problem is that their thermostat isn’t functioning properly. Check out this blog post to find out how to tell if your thermostat is malfunctioning.
- Electrical problems can be an issue as well. Occasionally, the fan controls and the compressor may break down. This can be caused by the system coming on and off too frequently. Electrical problems are nothing to play around with, so you’ll need to hire a professional to take of the issue for you.
No matter what type of problem you may be having with your air conditioner, our experienced technicians are here to help you make timely and cost-effective decisions for your situation.
If you live in Houston, Katy, Bellaire, or the surrounding communities, call our office today to talk with an HVAC technician and schedule an appointment. In the meantime, visit our Heat Beat Knowledge Center to learn how to troubleshoot common A/C problems, change your air filter, and much more.
Are your heating & furnace systems warming your whole house?
At Richmond’s Air, we’ve been doing heating and furnace repairs right since 2002.
Full service AC repair, installation, and maintenance for your home
It doesn’t matter what brand or model of air conditioner you have, because we service them all.