Welcome to 2016! Call us nostalgic, but here at Richmond’s Air we’ve been taking a look back at our blog posts from 2015. We covered a lot of ground on some important issues for our Metro-Houston community. Check out our 2015 blog post highlights:
2015 was full of some interesting weather for metro-Houston, from flooding to frigid temps.
- In February, a cold weather snap led to several house fires around the Houston area. We not only covered the local news but also shared safety tips concerning supplemental heat sources in your home.
- In May, record flooding rocked the Houston area. We provided guidance for home and business owners in our blog post What To Do If Your AC Unit Has Flood Damage and helped prep residents for more potential flooding with tips from FEMA in the blog post Preparing For Flash Floods.
- During Houston’s long allergy season, we shared a blog post, Allergies, Air Conditioning and Your Home, discussing four ways you can help cut allergens in your home and improve your indoor air quality.
Home Energy Savings 101
For those home and business owners who are always looking for ways to save on cooling and heating costs, our 2015 blog posts gave several helpful tips:
- The Importance of Properly Sealed Ductwork shared with homeowners the shocking fact that up to 30% of air conditioning can be lost to holes and leaks in unsealed ductwork. Talk about an energy drain!
- The Value of Quality and Properly Installed Installation took on the issue of poorly insulated homes in the Houston area and the huge role insulation plays in energy bills.
- Time for Your AC’s Seasonal Checkup explained why routine maintenance on your AC system saves you money in the long run.
And of course we’re not just pros at blogging—at Richmond’s Air we provide exceptional service for air conditioners and heating systems in the Houston area, including Bellaire, Katy and Spring. Contact us today!